Unlike high temperature dry and steam heat saunas, our near infra-red light sauna stimulates the sweating process without discomfort or feelings of suffocation. Near infra-red light creates a “fever” reaction in the body that has many benefits including:
1. Destabilization of cancer cells through a “hyperthermia” effect.
2. Reduction in pathogenic load by killing dangerous bacteria and viruses.
3. Excretion of chemical toxins, including heavy metals, such as cadmium, lead, zinc, nickel, and mercury.
4. Reduction in radioactive load that a patient may carry from prior radiotherapy treatments and imaging studies.
5. Enhanced pain relief and improved blood flow.
6. Stimulation of immune system.
7. As long as the patient takes precautions to be properly hydrated, there are side effects.
Near Infra-Red Sauna Therapy is provided to most patients 3-4 times a week as part of their Hope4Cancer treatment program.