Fall is upon us in the northern hemisphere, and many of our friends in North America are noticing an extra chill in the air. This delicious and flavorful coconut curry soup features a warming blend of spices: ginger, curry, chili and garlic. The combination is both sweet and savory, and the extra kick makes this dish particularly unique.
You’ve likely heard buzz about the nutritional value of coconuts, and for good reason. Coconuts are excellent for boosting immunity. They have antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial and anti-parasitic qualities, which means they fight harmful bacteria, viruses and parasites. Consuming coconuts in any of its various forms — raw coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk or coconut butter — can help treat many ailments brought about by pathogens.
Coconut is also excellent for oral rehydration. Full of electrolytes, coconut is especially useful for hydration in patients who have had their colons removed, or those with colitis, Crohn’s Disease or gastroenteritis. Furthermore, coconuts are a delicious source of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, calcium and fiber.
This coconut curry soup can be served chilled or warm. A bowl of soup makes a refreshing and light lunch, or serve it alongside a crisp salad for a full meal. Consider adding a splash of lime for an extra citrus boost. It’s a delicious way to welcome fall!
Coconut Curry Soup
- 1 young Thai coconut (flesh and water, about one cup of flesh and 1 1/2 cups of water)
- 1 thin carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 Thai chili pepper, seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, julienned to form noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water (more or less to desired consistency)
- (optional) 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- (optional) 1 medjool date, pitted
- Fill two medium bowls with the sliced vegetables (bell pepper, cucumber noodles and cilantro).
- Blend remaining of the ingredients in the blender. For warm soup, blend about two minutes, pour over vegetables and serve immediately. For chilled soup, blend until creamy, pour over vegetables and refrigerate until cool. Serve at desired temperature.
- Right before serving, sprinkle soup with cilantro.
3 thoughts on “Recipe: Coconut Curry Soup”
Thanks for sharing all these great recipes and knowledge. Sharing is Caring!!!!!
Yes, thank you! Is there a link to a food list that tells everything that we aren’t supposed to eat or drink? I’d like to start my new diet before I arrive!
We are not able to give medical advice directly through our website or social media platforms, but please contact our admissions office at 888-544-5993 or
go to https://hope4cancer.com/schedule-a-call/ and fill out the form and one of our admissions officers can get you a consultation with our doctor.