Back in 2006, Dr. Tony Jimenez, our medical director, was in Johannesburg, South Africa, to conduct a study of a new medical supplement. South Africa has one of the highest prevalences of HIV in the world, and Dr. Jimenez wanted to measure how this new supplement might improve the quality of life for the many patients suffering from this terrible disease. I’m very grateful I was able to be involved with that early research following his travels.
Due to the weakening of the immune system, HIV and AIDS often cause many symptoms that can make daily life quite unbearable—symptoms like skin rashes, open sores, diarrhea and depression. I was thrilled when we began seeing positive results from the supplement very quickly! I still remember Dr. Jimenez telling me the story of one three-year-old boy in South Africa who had been suffering from oral thrush. After just one week on the new supplement, the thrush was completely resolved, and Dr. Jimenez told me he’d never forget the glow in the boy’s eyes as he finally got some relief from the intense discomfort.
The quality-of-life statistics as you will see are amazing, but what really convinced us how effective and powerful this formula could be was to see the difference it made to people as we were able to reduce at least a part of their suffering. Simple things that we take for granted, such as going to the bathroom, being able to walk, eating a meal without feeling nauseated at the first bite—we realized a defeated immune system causes a cascade of problems that can be alleviated by resolving the root cause.
The results of our research were quite remarkable:
- 92 percent of patients showed an impressive 120-percent increase in energy levels and 117-percent reduction in fatigue.
- 89 percent of patients reported improvement in emotional well-being (feeling more peaceful, calm, happy, and more in control of their lives).
- 94 percent of patients showed improvement in physical functioning.
- 88 percent of patients reported an increase of other important health measures, including better sleep, increased appetite and improved quality of life.
Expanding the Reach
The original supplement contained a mix of herbs and minerals, including magnesium, selenium, zinc, L-arginine, L-lysine and others. Even though we were excited about our results from South Africa, we soon realized we could modify the formula to help others who, like HIV and AIDS patients, were suffering from the symptoms of a compromised immune system.
We began slightly modifying the original formula – keeping the core ingredients but changing some of the herbs – to create a new version designed to help those healing from cancer. And just five years after the initial research, we launched Immune Power Plus, a new capsule version of the original supplement, offered at both of our clinic locations and to our patients enrolled in the Home Program.
Feeding the Body
True to our other safe, nontoxic therapies, IPP is full of only natural ingredients your body needs to function. However, when the immune system in compromised – as it is when the body is healing from cancer – the body lacks the proper balance of these minerals and herbs to ward off the complications of the disease.
We looked at the specific components of cells and, from that research, identified the exact mix of mineral complexes and other agents that could best help control the symptoms that often accompany a cancer diagnosis. The result is a complete immune system formula that combines the benefits of essential immune system minerals (magnesium, selenium and zinc) with yeast, turkey tail mushroom, beta glucansglucans, astragalus and more—powerful ingredients that have already been proven by many studies to be effective against cancer.
And here’s why these essential minerals are so important to the body:
- Magnesium – The fourth most abundant mineral in the body, magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, helps regulate blood sugar levels and promotes normal blood pressure.
- Selenium – When it was first discovered in 1817, selenium was actually considered a poison! Thankfully, it was later recognized for what it truly is: an essential trace mineral that works as an antioxidant (especially when combined with vitamin E) by scavenging damaging particles, known as free radicals, in the body. Selenium is also necessary for proper immune system function.
- Zinc – This trace mineral is found in cells throughout the body and is responsible for proper immune system function. It’s crucial to the processes of cell growth and division, and also plays a role in wound healing and the action of insulin in the body. Research has also shown that maintaining the proper level of zinc in the body decreases the formation of blood vessels to a tumor (thus slowing its growth) and actually increases the rate of cancer cell death.
Empowering the Body to Heal
At Hope4Cancer, we know the immune system is the key to healing. We completely agree with Bob Wright, author and researcher, who states in The Truth About Cancer docu-series:
“No doctor has ever healed anyone of anything in the history of the world. The human immune system heals. And that’s the only thing that heals.”
Through all of our therapies and treatments, we seek to do just that: empower the immune system to heal the body of cancer. I’m proud of IPP and the thousands of people it has helped around the world. I hope it can help you, too.